Are you thinking of taking your business on social media? Social media marketing, a branch of Digital marketing is the talk of the town. And within the realms of social media, Facebook stand out as the topper. It has the most number of subscribers than any other social media platform with a whopping $720 billion business. Facebook is the best place when it comes to marketing. Many brands are promoting themselves on Facebook. It provides them a greater audience to interact which helps them increase their potential customers. It is basic for them to follow the current Facebook marketing trends.
Whether you are an influencer or you’re running a business. Facebook surely helps in enhancing your reach. But at the same time it is necessary to know that like our offline market trends keep changing so does the Facebook marketing trend keeps changing. So no matter what your status is on Facebook, you need to catch up with the new trends that keep coming time and again. Since the platform is not the same always and it regularly evolves so accordingly our strategies need to evolve too.
Facebook marketing trends
In this article we would be looking at some Facebook marketing trends you must look for if you are aiming to promote your brand. Let’s dig right in
✿ Shopping on Facebook
Online shopping has become a thing now, especially after the COVID-19 pandemic millions of people shifted from physical shopping to online shopping due to obvious reasons, to avoid the coronavirus infection. Now it has crossed the borders of e-commerce websites to social media platform, Facebook in particular.
But now, rather than just making an account to promote brands. Facebook has allowed them to actually sell products on Facebook. Like now customers can browse the products on Facebook itself and can also make the payment without leaving the site. Any brand that wants to sell their products online they can create a shop listing their product details and customers can purchase them from there only.
How to use
- Tag your products in the photos that you share so that it becomes easy for your audience to recognize them.
- Make collections of your products so that they can easily browse them.
- Enable in-app checkout so customers can buy products without leaving Facebook.
✿ Comprehensive post
Well no one likes to read long long posts that look more like an essay. But they can be made readable by applying some key points. It is common to hear that ad copy should be brief but now we’re seeing that long ad copy is performing well. It provides more information to the user and it also sees a lower cost per action (CPA).
How to use
- Add visual content like images.
- Use emojis as bullet points.
- Try to give your audience a complete scope of your product or service.
✿ Live chatbots
This trend is common these days and it’s not just limited to Facebook but most of the websites have added the live chat feature on their site. And this doesn’t look to go away anytime soon. These chatbots are in use which provides information in response to the user’s query real time. Usually they are supposed to give answer to the frequently asked questions but they can also provide additional information too.
How to use
- Create a 24/7 customer service window.
- Create Facebook messenger based apps.
- Promote and sell your products.
✿ Facebook stories
This is a popular feature on Facebook and Instagram as well. Sometimes you can’t upload everything on your timeline so this is a great alternative to that. Facebook stories are visible for 24 hours. You can float limited period offers on Facebook stories.
How to use
- Upload images, videos, GIFs, boomerangs etc. in your Facebook story.
- Create a story that is specific to your marketing strategy.
- Use various tools in the app to make the designs attractive and appealing.
Originated on Twitter, Hashtags have become indispensable to Facebook as well. They gather related content together so that users can find their content by using that Hastahgs in search instead of clicking on one page to another.
How to use
- Based on content type categorize your post.
- Create a popular and branded Hashtag and appeal your users to use it.
- Search related Hashtags to find content to interact with.
✿ User generated content
User generated content is to share the content created by your customer on your feed but with their permission. People are always looking for genuine reviews which can help them decide whether they want to buy the product or not. If you have something to share that can give them an experience of another customer with your brand that would be really helpful. For example, if you’re a clothing brand and a customer shares her picture wearing your brand you can ask her permission to share her picture on your own feed. When other people see it, it becomes easy for them to make up their mind about your brand.
How to use
- Your customer posted her picture wearing a dress of your brand.
- Ask her for permission to share her post on your page.
- Create a Hashtag for your customers that they use when they share photos of your clothes.
- Write a short caption and insert a link back to the dress featured in the picture.
To wrap up
Facebook is the king when it comes to social media. So you need to utilize this platform judiciously to make your business a famous brand. These were some Facebook marketing trends you can employ to improve your status on the world’s biggest social media platform.